As the warm weather rolls in, the City is enthusiastic about some of the exciting events returning and making their first appearance in Downtown Salisbury. These events will bring new foot traffic and potential customers right to the steps of Downtown Salisbury and your business. For some, this will be the first time they’ve ventured Downtown in a while and we are excited to put our best foot forward as a community and show them what Downtown has to offer.
Nonetheless, we want to adequately inform you about impending events and potential street closures that may impact you. The Office of Business Development has worked to compile a list of the Downtown events occurring this Spring and will be adding street closure maps and information as it becomes available.
- 6th – Saturday – Salisbury Marathon, Half Marathon, & 5K – Plaza will be closed to vehicle traffic around 4pm on Friday the 5th and Division from about 4 am to 4pm Saturday. Please review the press release for street closure info 2019 Traffic Press Release
- 19th – Friday – 3rd Friday – 3rd Friday will follow its usual footprint
- 21st – Sunday morning – St. Peter’s Episcopal Church Annual Egg Hunt (map forthcoming)
- 27th – Saturday – 2019 Hero’s Challenge – will close N Division Street from around 8:30 AM – 5 PM
- 4th – Saturday – MS Walk – Lot 15 will be closed beginning on Saturday and potential street closure info (likely along Camden Street) will be available as soon as it is confirmed
- 11th – Saturday – eRace the Stigma 5k
- 17th – Friday – 3rd Friday
- 18th – Saturday – Maternal Mental Health Awareness Color Walk
- 19th – Sunday – Haitian Heritage Celebration of Flag Day
- Main Street Construction – Block 3 of E Main is slated for completion mid to late May. At which time construction will begin on N Division (50 to Main)
- 6th – 8th – Friday to Saturday – Downtown Salisbury Festival – Festival footprint map
- 15th – Saturday – 2019 Eastern Shore Juneteenth Festival
- 21st – Friday – 3rd Friday
- 26th – Wednesday – Chincoteague Pony Summer Reading – at the Library
We are still working to compile maps for the street closures of many of these events and will update this page as they become available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.